Great conferences are the ones where you learn, connect and get inspired. We know that, and we put our hearts into crafting events that aren’t just great, but go way beyond expectations. Ready for the next one? With SmashingConf LA 20151, we’ve got a full package: our new US conference with two days packed with quality content, lots of networking and a few mysterious surprises. We thought you might want to join in, too.
About The Conference
When preparing a conference, we care deeply about how practical and valuable it will be. We look into things that have or haven’t worked, and why, and what worked better. In fact, the SmashingConf LA 2015 is designed to make you smarter, more informed and more skilled with your day-to-day decisions. Be it your workflow, front-end, design, development, UX or nerdy performance tricks. The focus of the SmashingConf is tangible, actionable, hands-on learning that you can apply to your work right away.
So what are you signing up for? Two full days packed with practical design and front-end talks6 and five hands-on workshops7 — you’ll leave with a treasure of useful tips and tricks applicable to your work right away. We don’t care for crowded multi-track experiences. So in LA, we’ll go with one single track, 16 well-respected, high-caliber speakers, only 450 attendees and lots of networking — just the right recipe for an intimate, personal event.
And the best bit? A spectacular conference experience in Santa Monica, right at the coast of the Pacific ocean, with an onshore ocean breeze and sunshine in the back. Ready? California, here we come! To the tickets.8
First Confirmed Speakers
What’s a good conference without great speakers? Of course, we don’t take on this task that easily. Every talk is thoroughly curated, and we’ve created enough space, time and opportunities for meaningful, in-depth conversations. The speakers line-up9 is filling up slowly, but of course we aren’t going to reveal everything just yet.
To spice up your appetite a bit, here are the first confirmed speakers:
- Andy Budd12 (+ workshop13)
- Sara Soueidan14 (+ workshop15)
- Andrew Clarke16 (+ workshop17)
- Peter Smart18 (+ workshop19)
- Samantha Warren20
(Style Tiles, Twitter)
- Steve Souders21
- Patty Toland22
- Mystery Speaker23
(Someone you definitely know.)
- …more speakers will be announced soon!
We’ve reserved 50 early-bird tickets for US$549, and if you book a workshop, too, you save US$ 100 off the conference + workshop price. To create an intimate atmosphere, we have only 450 tickets available, and tickets are now on sale. Now, seriously, get your ticket already.24
“Convince Your Boss” PDF
We do everything possible to keep our prices fair and affordable for everyone. However, if you need to convince your manager to send you to the event, we can help you as well. We also prepared a neat Convince Your Boss (PDF)26 (0.15 Mb) that you can use to convince your colleagues, friends, neighbors and total strangers to join you or send you to the event. We know that you will not be disappointed. Still not good enough? Well, tweet us @smashingconf — we can be quite convincing, too!
Of course we’d love you to be on board as a supporter or sponsor of the event as well. In fact, we’re looking for some very special sponsors; we’ve prepared a few nifty options in our SmashingConf LA Sponsorship Pack29 (PDF, 0.9MB). So if you’re interested, please email us at email@example.com — we’ll make sure it’s worth it!
Why This Conference Is For You
The conference is for you because you’ll learn lots of valuable techniques and meet fantastic, like-minded people from the industry. You’ll learn:
- How to improve user experience and design workflow,
- Strategies for building fast responsive websites,
- Front-end techniques for scalable designs,
- How to make use of pattern libraries and style guides,
- Guidelines for designing flexible design systems,
- How to deal with responsive images and RWD email,
- Common problems and solutions in eCommerce,
- Advanced front-end tooling, setup and workflow,
- Mistakes and lessons learned from large projects,
- …now, seriously, you want even more than that?
See You In Los Angeles!
We are looking forward to seeing you in Los Angeles, and who knows, perhaps we’ll manage to match and beat your expectations after all! We love a good challenge, and this one is going to be quite a journey — and we’d love you to take part in this little endeavour of ours as well. So, grab your ticket31 and see you there!
- 1 http://la.smashingconf.com/
- 2 http://la.smashingconf.com
- 3 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/registration
- 4 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/registration
- 5 https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaiah-v/6458473107
- 6 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/speakers
- 7 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/workshops
- 8 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/registration
- 9 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/speakers
- 10 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/speakers
- 11 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/speakers
- 12 http://www.twitter.com/andybudd
- 13 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/workshops/andy-budd
- 14 http://www.twitter.com/SaraSoueidan
- 15 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/workshops/sara-soueidan
- 16 http://www.twitter.com/Malarkey
- 17 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/workshops/andrew-clarke
- 18 http://www.twitter.com/petewsmart
- 19 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/workshops/peter-smart
- 20 http://www.twitter.com/samanthatoy
- 21 http://www.twitter.com/Souders
- 22 http://www.twitter.com/pattytoland
- 23 https://twitter.com/CatchTheBirds
- 24 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/registration
- 25 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/registration
- 26 http://smashingconf.com/pdf/8-reasons-LA.pdf
- 27 http://smashingconf.com/pdf/8-reasons-LA.pdf
- 28 http://smashingconf.com/pdf/8-reasons-LA.pdf
- 29 http://smashingconf.com/pdf/Smashingconf-LA-2015-Sponsorship.pdf
- 30 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- 31 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/registration
- 32 http://smashingconf.com/la-2015/registration
The post “California, Here We Come…” Introducing SmashingConf Los Angeles 2015 appeared first on Smashing Magazine.