SmashingConf NYC 20151 will challenge you to rethink how you design and build websites today — and how to touch someone’s heart with design. 1 track, 2 conference days, 5 workshops, 16 excellent speakers and just 400 available tickets. With the main focus on practical takeaways from real-life projects, you might never be the same again. To the tickets.2
About The Conference
You’ve been around for quite some time, haven’t you? You know your way around front-end, or UX methodologies, or mobile patterns, or even the obscure dark matter of responsive web design. But you might not feel just right with your workflow, with the techniques and strategies you use, or perhaps with the amount of time required to get things done. Your techniques are pretty good, great even, but they just aren’t good enough.
Sounds familiar? Well, that’s about to change. We don’t care about trends, but we do care about smart solutions. We love exploring how designers and developers work and how actual problems are solved—ideas and techniques that actually worked, or failed in real-life projects, and why exactly they failed and what decisions were chosen instead. All those things that help us make smarter design decisions and build better products, faster.
That’s exactly what the conference will be about: lessons learned in front-end, UX and design, and how we all can polish our craft by applying those lessons intelligently. Taking place on June 15–18th 2015 right next to the Times Square in New York City, this might be a conference that will keep you on your toes for quite some time. Seriously.
First Confirmed Speakers
Okay. Ready for the confirmed speakers? Get set. Go!
First confirmed speakers, Stefan Sagmeister and Susan Weinschenk. Stefan isn’t that scary in real life though.
- Stefan Sagmeister
- Susan Weinschenk
- Andrew Clarke
(Responsive Design, Front-End)
- Samantha Warren
(Designer, Style Tiles)
- Jon Burgerman
- Yesenia Perez-Cruz
- Josh Clark
- Katie Kovalcin
(Visual Design, Front-End, Sparkbox)
- Marcin Wichary
- Daniel Burka
(UX, Design, Google)
- Tim Kadlec
- Daniel Espeset
- Christian Heilmann
- Mystery Speaker
(Someone you definitely know, and respect.)
- …more speakers will be announced soon!
We’ll also host hands-on full-day workshops8 with practical techniques taught by masters of the craft. Be it front-end techniques, responsive design, lean UX or delightful, smart design, we carefully selected topics that will help you become better at what you do. So if you are going to attend the conference, why not attend a workshop as well?
In fact, we reserved 50 early-bird tickets for $549, and if you book a workshop too, you’ll save $100 off the conference + workshop ticket price. Well, enough already. Tickets are on sale now, you know.
Why This Conference Is For You
The conference is for you because you’ll learn many valuable techniques for your workflow, and you’ll meet fantastic, like-minded people from the industry. You’ll learn:
- Strategies for building fast responsive websites,
- Clever psychological techniques for smarter interfaces,
- Techniques and guidelines for better mobile UX,
- Guidelines for scalable front-end and CSS,
- How to integrate performance budgets into your workflow,
- Advanced front-end and UX tooling and setup,
- Guidelines for delightful, engaging UX,
- Mistakes and lessons learned from large projects,
- Responsive design patterns for future-ready websites,
- How to increase the productivity of your team for good,
- How to touch someone’s heart with design.
- …more practical takeaways from real-life projects.
Ticket Sales And Pricing
Only 400 tickets are available, and work hard to keep our prices fair and affordable for everybody. The price for two full conference days is $549 for early-bird tickets, and $599 for regular tickets. And again, if you book a workshop as well, you’ll save $100. Yay! Get your ticket right away.12
We also prepared a neat Convince Your Boss (PDF)15 (0.15 Mb) that you can use to convince your colleagues, friends, neighbors and total strangers to join you or send you to the event. We know that you will not be disappointed. Still not good enough? Well, tweet us @smashingconf — we can be quite convincing, too!
We Welcome Lovely Sponsors, You Know
We do everything possible to keep ticket prices affordable for everyone, and we welcome sponsors to help us create a truly unique, unforgettable conference experience. And you can be a major part of it.
We have quite a number of attractive and creative sponsorship packages16 for you, and we are also flexible and would love to adjust them to your needs. So if you’re interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org — we’d love for you to be involved!
See You In New York!
We are looking forward to seeing you in New York, and who knows, perhaps months later after the conference is over, you’ll look back at your workflow, at your projects and at this very article realizing that it wasn’t that off after all. Grab your ticket18 and see you there!
- 1 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/
- 2 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/registration
- 3 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/
- 4 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015
- 5 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/registration
- 6 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/speakers
- 7 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/registration
- 8 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/workshops
- 9 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/locations
- 10 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/registration
- 11 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/registration
- 12 http://smashingconf.com/ny-2015/registration
- 13 http://smashingconf.com/pdf/8-reasons-for-Smashing-Conference-NYC-2015.pdf
- 14 http://smashingconf.com/pdf/8-reasons-for-Smashing-Conference-NYC-2015.pdf
- 15 http://smashingconf.com/pdf/8-reasons-for-Smashing-Conference-NYC-2015.pdf
- 16 http://smashingconf.com/pdf/Smashingconf-LA-2015-Sponsorship.pdf
- 17 mailto:email@example.com
- 18 http://www.smashingconf.com/ny-2015/registration
The post “When Great Just Isn’t Good Enough” Smashing Conference NYC 2015 appeared first on Smashing Magazine.